Macland Baptist Church in Powder Springs, GA is seeking an Associate Pastor of Youth, College and Career Ministries.
Reporting directly to the Senior Pastor, this position will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the education ministries for middle school, high school, college and career departments at Macland Baptist Church (MBC). Additionally, this position will also be responsible for assisting the Senior Pastor in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive outreach/evangelism ministry designed to reach into the community with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• An ordained minister, called by God with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and preferably a seminary degree (Masters of Religious Education, Arts in Biblical Studies, of Divinity).
• Experience in leading a vibrant and growing youth ministry program.
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and problem-solving skills, displaying initiative and independent judgement.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher etc.
• High level of empathy and ability to activate emotional connections with youth, young adults and church membership.
• Demonstrated ability to assist in pastoral duties, as needed, including but not limited to visitation, counseling, witnessing, and preaching.
• Share a common vision with the Senior Pastor regarding church growth and overall direction of outreach and evangelism ministry at MBC.
• This is a position of trust. Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, maintain strict confidentiality, and deal with difficult and personal situations.
v Departmental -
• Plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate the Youth, College and Career ministries of MBC.
• Oversee, assist and provide guidance to department leaders regarding: selection of department curriculum and training in its use; plan programs for leading young people to an understanding of the
plan of salvation and to develop them in Christian nurture.
• Lead in planning and conducting particular age group activities and programs appropriate for the spiritual growth of the departments including but not limited to retreats, conferences, camps, fellowships, banquets, mission activities, dramas.
• Keep abreast of and study new materials, programs, curriculum, and educational methods for youth, college and career departments; make appropriate recommendations to Senior Pastor.
• Demonstrate a concentrated effort to be involved in local middle and high school, as well as college FCA programs and athletic events, striving to have MBC be a recognized sponsor, when applicable.
• Promote a regular visitation program for the Youth, College and Career departments in cooperation with the MBC overall outreach program.
• Chair and attend Youth Council meetings.
v Administrative/Staff -
• Sign and uphold the MBC Confidentiality Agreement.
• Establish consistent office hours: 6 hours per day, Monday through Thursday.
• Prepare the annual budget for the needs of the Youth, College and Career departments and administer the approved budget according to policy.
• Maintain a safe environment for students, ensuring procedures are in place for overall department security, cleaning and disinfecting classrooms, allergy-related prevention, and following church policy on
• Attend Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening worship services and all church-wide activities.
• Participate in church visitation and soul-winning programs.
• Share with the staff responsibilities regarding pastoral care, nurture, hospital visits, counsel, weddings, and funerals.
• Preserve a mutually supportive, communicative relationship with all staff members.
• Maintain a consistent personal witness; a love for serving God, as well as caring for people.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials to Devin Reid, search committee chair at email@example.com
1) Letter of interest
3) Video of your personal statement of faith