The First Baptist Church of Sanford, NC, is seeking a full-time Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries.
Purpose of the Position
The Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries will be a champion of the next generation, which in the context of First Baptist Church of Sanford, includes children, students, young adults and young families. This pastor will oversee the Children’s Activities Coordinator, lead the Middle and High School Ministry, develop and oversee a College/Career ministry, and connect young adults and young families by helping them integrate and become involved in the church in meaningful ways.
Education and Experience
A successful candidate will have the following:
- 3+ years of ministry experience in children/youth (preferred)
- Undergraduate degree required; Seminary is a plus
A successful candidate will have a strong, demonstrable relationship with Jesus Christ and possess the following skills, gifts, and passions:
- Ability to communicate the vision of the Senior Pastor and church with each age group and family
- Able to creatively teach the principles of Scripture for application to daily life
- Administration of available resources, including annual budget, volunteers, and facility
- Coordination of various ministries, including but not limited to, Sunday School, Sunday night programming, outreach activities, and camps
- Highly organized and gifted in leading and empowering people
- Ability to mobilize people toward a common goal
- Has a proven track record in equipping adults to walk alongside students and young adults
- Able to effectively communicate and teach in both small group and large group settings
- Doctrinal Commitment consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Commitment to biblical standards of leadership and lifestyle
- Engages in personal evangelism and ministers effectively in a missional context
The primary responsibilities of the Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries include:
- Provide overall vision and leadership to children, students, young adults, and young families that will encourage spiritual growth and integration into the church
- Develop a culture that mobilizes children, students and young adults to reach those who are not yet connected to the church
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry plan that helps encourage the next generation to take next steps on their spiritual journey
- Build volunteer teams to help foster relationships with the next generation.
- Partner with Parents in strategic ways that encourages and assists them to provide strong spiritual guidance and direction for their kids
- Develop and oversee a College/Career ministry
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Children’s Activities Coordinator
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume to Judy Autry (email@example.com).