More InformationPastor for Students
First Baptist Church of Leesburg - Leesburg, Georgia, United States
Denomination: Southern Baptist
Job Type: Full-Time
The Student Pastor will be directly responsible for:
• Primarily, execution of the directive given in Matthew 28:19-20, with emphasis on students grade 6-college.
• Overseeing the student ministry of First Baptist Church of Leesburg (FBCL) and directing the implementation of its mission and vision.
• The development of relationships with all current and prospective FBCL students and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ.
1. Pray for all FBCL students and the student ministry program regularly and facilitate a joyful and welcoming presence within the student ministry.
2. Prioritize a ministry of relational presence, recognizing that the local school system is our primary mission field. This will be done by attending community and school events whenever possible, providing appropriate follow-up to first-time visitors and absentee students, and by being visibly available within the church and community.
3. Provide leadership for all ministry programs including but not limited to Sunday School, discipleship training, Wednesday night worship, seasonal events, retreats, summer camps, and VBS.
4. Teach and model spiritual discipline for students through personal spiritual growth, faithful attendance to church worship services/activities, and scriptural tithing.
5. Facilitate the creation/enhancement of small groups for Bible study.
6. Provide oversight to an adult leadership team that assists with the ministry through routine evaluation of the health of the ministry; volunteer recruitment, training, and
placement; calendaring of major events; aiding in the selection of curriculum and teaching templates; and setting short and long-term goals (updated annually).
7. Foster a missional mentality among students by educating and providing both local and out-of-area mission opportunities.
8. Create events for parents of students related to their parenting roles. Provide opportunities to encourage student-parent interactions.
9. Implement programs to train, engage, and empower student leaders.
Other Considerations and Expectations:
Candidates considering this position must have a minimum of a college degree and seminary degree preferred. Additionally, he should have proven past experience in effective ministry leadership to students and families. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation package will be commensurate of past education and leadership experience.
Interested applicants may send resumes and cover letters to the FBCL Student Pastor Search Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cover letters should include a brief description of the applicant’s top leadership strengths and experiences as well as a statement about what excites them the most about being a part of the FBCL staff team.
This Ad has been viewed 49 times.