Part-time Director of Children's Ministry
SEEKING PART TIME DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church (MCBC) in Cochran, Georgia is seeking a new, part time Director of Children’s Ministry who will help us strengthen, and grow our youth ministry. The position comes with administrative support, great volunteers, and tremendous potential to reach families in and around our community.
MCBC is a growing Family of Faith located in a rural community in middle Georgia. MCBC is home to approximately 200 members and currently employs a full time Senior Pastor, part time Music Minister, part time Youth Pastor, part time Associate Pastor and a part time administrator support professional. Besides the open position of Director of Children’s Ministry, MCBC is also seeking a full time Youth Pastor. At this time, MCBC offers two worship services and classes for children during both hours.
• Manage programming, including Sunday school, Sunday night, and midweek opportunities for 2 years through 5th grade
• Work with the Youth Pastor and Senior Pastor to form a vision and process for the discipleship of children and their families
• Recruit, equip, train, and manage volunteers
• Plan, prepare, and direct children’s ministry events (to include Vacation Bible School, Easter egg hunt, etc.)
• Direct and facilitate a Children’s church service on Sunday mornings
• Maintain contact with parents informing them of ongoing activities using all available avenues (website, email, text, Facebook, bulletin boards, etc.)
• Personal salvation experience and desire to share the gospel with children and families
• Evidence of a strong and growing relationship with Christ
• Current active membership in a church of like faith and practice, and willingness to transfer membership to MCBC
• Experience serving in children’s ministry either in a paid or volunteer position
• Good people skills and communication abilities
• Ability to inspire children to find life in Christ and gain knowledge of the Bible
MCBC will be accepting candidates for consideration until position is fulfilled. To become a candidate for consideration please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (MCBC ATTN: Search Committee 134 Abney Road Cochran, GA 31014) a cover letter describing your testimony, involvement in children’s ministry, and anything else you would like us to know, as well as a resume and five references. Candidate must be willing to undergo a background check.
Job Type: Part time
MCBC Website: https://www.mcbccochran.com
MCBC Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/mcbccochran/