Starting December 14, Georgia Baptists will be participating in a strategic bus tour to encourage Christians to vote their biblical values in the January 5 Senate run-off. The tour will start in Dalton and end in Valdosta.
Faith Wins (a National Christian nonprofit organization) is leading this effort. The Georgia Baptist Mission Board, along with Citizen Impact (a Georgia Christian Nonprofit Organization), is working to help schedule and promote this important tour.
Along with the leadership of these three organizations, there will also be keynote speakers at the events. Check out this list:
- Chad Connelly and Byron Foxx with Faith Wins
- Paul Smith, Executive Director of Citizen Impact
- As the Public Affairs Representative for the GBMB, I will be speaking as well.
- David Barton, with Wallbuilders, a very well-known speaker on the history of Christianity in our nation will be at five of the events.
- Former Congressman Bill McEwen will be at eight of the events to talk about the importance of Christians being involved in government.
Of the 12 events, I am happy to announce four Georgia Baptist churches have offered the use of their facilities. A big thanks to:
- Pastor Tommy Fountain, Sr. at 1025 Church in Monroe
- Pastor Stephen Peeples at Roopville Road Baptist Church in Roopville
- Pastor Frank Cox at North Metro Baptist Church in Lawrenceville
- Pastor Wayne Robertson at Morningside Baptist Church in Valdosta
Some of these tour stops will involve lunches and breakfast events. A link is provided for you to register. Also, you can see where the various tour events are being held around the state on this link. Please look through the locations and make plans now to come and invite your church members and friends.
Since these events are being sponsored by 501C3 nonprofit organizations there will be no campaigning for any candidates or political parties. It is a time for prayer, encouragement, and action. These are the MOST critical days for Christians to be involved as salt and light in government.
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. I will look forward to seeing you around the state.