DULUTH — Georgia Baptist Convention President Robby Foster, Northside Baptist Church, Valdosta, announces that the following persons will serve on the 2020 Committee on Nominations:
- (Chairman) *Micah Hamrick, First Baptist Church, Villa Rica
- Brian Hatchett, Spring Creek Baptist, Bainbridge
- *Derwin Anderson, First Woodstock, Stone Mountain
- Reuben Torres, First Baptist, Jonesboro
- *Jose Delgado, Pozo de Esperanza, Gainesville
- Kevin McKoy, First Baptist, Lithia Springs
- Nick Bates, Powell Baptist Church, Harlem
- Josh Foster, Northside Baptist Church, Valdosta
- Joseph Leach, 1025 Church, Monroe
- Stephen Cox, North Metro Baptist Church, Lawrenceville
- Stacy Phillips, Pleasant Hill Baptist, Gainesville
- Jeff Merritt, Summit Baptist Church, Loganville
- Tyrone Barnett, Peace Baptist Church, Decatur
- Emory Berry, Greenforest Community, Decatur, and
- *Darryl Womack, Montgomery Memorial Baptist, Lula.
Joining Convention President Foster on the committee are ex officio members Executive Committee Chairman Tommy Fountain, 1025 Church, Monroe and Executive Director Thomas Hammond (*Second year of service).
The Committee on Nominations announces that at the 2020 annual meeting of the Georgia Baptist Convention, sixteen (16) associational full-term memberships and four (4) At Large full-term memberships will be elected, as well as any unexpired terms which become vacant during the year. Georgia Baptists are reminded that the associations may suggest names to the Committee on Nominations for the associational vacancies.
Associations preparing to suggest names for consideration by the Committee on Nominations will receive a nomination form from the office of the Executive Director and are requested to return the completed form to the office of the Executive Director Thomas Hammond, 6405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth GA 30097 (770-936-5203 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The Committee on Nominations will meet on April 14, August 18, October 13, and, if needed, November 9.
Associations for which full five-year term (2020-2025) Executive Committee members will be elected in 2020 are Centennial, Central, Colquitt, Etowah, Gordon Memorial, Hiawassee, Kimbell, Lookout Valley, Mallary, Morganton, Mulberry, PolkHaralson, Southside Baptist, Statewide Baptist Network, Washington, and West Metro.