Lawrence Drive Baptist Church
5774 School Rd, Macon, GA 31216
Summary of Position:
Lawrence Drive Baptist Church is actively seeking a full-time Youth Leader/ Pastor to serve our youth, congregation, and our community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The expected time commitment for this position is 36-40 hours per week and could include activity in other spiritual disciplines to support our congregation. We submit to God's will for our church. We believe in the Lordship of Christ and so submit to God’s will for our church as we embark on this hiring process. As a mission-minded Southern Baptist Church, our body is passionate about serving the Lord, the spiritual birth and growth of all people. We strive to fulfill the ordinances and doctrines set forth in the New Testament. We are here to nurture our members through Christian discipleship so that each one is built up in their Christian walk, faith, hope, and love. Through the proclamation of the Gospel by word, and through ministering to human needs in the name of Christ, we believe that we can train champions for Jesus for generations to come.
Lawrence Drive Baptist Church was established in 1968 and currently has an average Sunday morning worship attendance of approximately 200. We are seeking a spiritual leader who shares the preached gospel and biblical teaching in dynamic, creative, and insightful ways.
*Please review complete Job Requirements below.
Interested candidates should submit their resume along with compensation request to the Personnel Committee at email@example.com].
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A two- or four-year college degree preferred
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as Youth Leader at a similar-sized church is desired.
- Make winning young people to Jesus and discipling those in Jesus the goal of your ministry.
- Spend time each week investing in your own spiritual growth and maturity so that you are better equipped and don't become disqualified.
- Ability to contribute to the vision of Lawrence Drive Baptist Church which can be summarized by Ephesians 4:12-13.
- Find an accountability partner who will strengthen, encourage, and help you spiritually.
- Seek to find ways to integrate the parents so that they become partners with you in your ministry and objectives.
- Support parents in their endeavor to effectively fulfill their role as Christian parents in discipling their teens.
- Establish strong relationships with the youth of our church through constant engagement and provide counseling and spiritual discernment as needed.
- Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other and feel valued and celebrated.
- Create a plan whereby unchurched youth will be effectively ministered to and invited to partake in church activities.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the public and private schools in Macon so that through partnership with them, youth will be drawn to Jesus and Lawrence Drive.
- Participate in training opportunities as offered.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize a youth program that incorporates fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, prayer, discipleship, mentoring, evangelism, missions, giving, fun activities, and service opportunities.
- Collaborate with the staff to create ministry opportunities that will enable us to accomplish the vision and mission of Lawrence Drive Baptist Church.
- Manage student fees and fundraising opportunities for the ministry, missions, and camp.
- Monitor and control the annual youth budget as approved by the finance committee.
- Take students to an appropriate summer camp where they will grow spiritually while enjoying themselves through fun activities.
- Spend time each week praying with our Senior Pastor and discussing your ministry, the opportunities, and needs that you have.
- Model a Christ-centered and empowered lifestyle to the youth and congregation of our church.
- Provide Godly leadership and training through biblical counsel to the youth of Lawrence Drive.
- Adequately plan and prepare for all youth services, meetings, and activities.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers who share similar testimonies, goals and visions.
- Train the youth of Lawrence Drive to effectively and actively witness to people in their circle of influence and beyond and learn how to disciple their peers that respond to their witness.
- Maintain contact with both students and their parents by keeping them informed of ongoing activities and intentionally checking in with them from time to time.