Georgia Baptist Convention President Kevin Williams, First Baptist Church, Villa Rica, announces that the following persons will serve on the 2021 Committee on Nominations:
- (Chairman) Darey Kittle, Salem Baptist Church, Dalton;
- *Brian Hatchett, Spring Creek Baptist, Bainbridge;
- Barry Snapp, Victory Baptist Church, Rockmart;
- *Reuben Torres, First Baptist, Jonesboro;
- David Tew, Morningside Baptist, Valdosta;
- *Kevin McKoy, First Baptist, Lithia Springs;
- Kyle Walker, Cartersville First Baptist, Cartersville;
- *Josh Foster, Northside Baptist Church, Valdosta;
- Stuart Doyle, Southside Baptist Church, Savannah;
- *Stephen Cox, North Metro Baptist Church, Lawrenceville;
- Austin Williams, First Baptist Church, Villa Rica;
- Jerry Spears, Northside Columbus, Columbus;
- Jim Perdue, Second Baptist Church, Warner Robins;
- Mark Sterling, Curtis Baptist Church, Augusta and
- Eric Rentz, First Baptist Church, Blackshear.
Joining Convention President Kevin Williams on the committee are ex officio members Executive Committee Chairman Tommy Fountain, 1025 Church, Monroe, and Executive Director Thomas Hammond. (*Second year of service)
The Committee on Nominations announces that at the 2021 annual meeting of the Georgia Baptist Convention, fifteen (15) associational full-term memberships and four (4) At Large full-term memberships will be elected, as well as any unexpired terms which become vacant during the year. Georgia Baptists are reminded that the associations may suggest names to the Committee on Nominations for the associational vacancies.
Associations preparing to suggest names for consideration by the Committee on Nominations will receive a nomination form from the office of the Executive Director and are requested to return the completed form to the office of the Executive Director Thomas Hammond, 6405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth GA 30097 (770.936.5203 or email: email@example.com). The Committee on Nominations will meet on April 13, August 17, October 12, and, if needed, November 8.
Associations for which full five-year term (2021-2026) Executive Committee members will be elected in 2021 are Altamaha, Chattooga, Emanuel, Georgia, Hightower, Lanier, Mell, Mid-State, Ogeechee, Piedmont-Okefenokee, Pine Mountain, Roswell, Stone Mountain, Valdosta, and White County.