By Tim Dowdy
October is Pastor Appreciation Month so I would like to encourage you and your church to say “thank you” in some special ways this year. In fact, this Sunday is set aside as “PASTOR APPRECIATION SUNDAY!” So, let’s work together to make it special.
Ways to express gratitude to your pastor and his family…
From an individual or family:
From a church family:
1) Recognize your pastor and his family on in the morning worship services.
2) Have the church Bible study groups prepare cards to be presented to the pastor. Don’t forget to write thank you notes to the pastor’s wife. She is often the unsung hero of the pastor’s family, so let’s be sure we encourage her with words of thankfulness.
3) Give your pastor and his family gifts that express your gratefulness for his family and ministry in the church family. Here are a few ideas:
4) Gift him with a vacation or a weekend away for a family retreat.
5) Present him with gift cards for a date night with his wife.
6) Supply the resources needed for a family or household need.
7) Have a surprise fellowship after church or on Sunday night with great food, gifts and a wonderful time of fellowship to say “thank you."