DULUTH — Twelve opportunities scattered around the state beginning Jan. 23 will provide Georgia Baptist pastors the opportunity to chat with new Executive Director Thomas Hammond. More importantly, it will give instant feedback on how the Georgia Baptist Mission Board can better serve its churches.
“I want to hear from you,” Hammond said in a video on the events termed “Listening Sessions” and slated to begin Jan. 23 at First Baptist Church in Lyons.
“These [sessions] are designed to give you an opportunity to share your heart with me, your thoughts and ideas of how the Georgia Baptist Mission Board can best serve you and your church,” he explained.
Each location will only hold one meeting that day, but morning and evening start times are used to better accommodate bi-vocational pastors and those with other obligations, Hammond added. Those meeting dates, times, and locations are:
- Jan. 23, 10:30 a.m., First Baptist Lyons
- Jan. 24, 10:30 a.m., Beech Haven Baptist Church, Athens
- Jan. 24, 6 p.m., Abilene Baptist Church, Martinez
- Jan. 31, 10:30 a.m., Roswell Street Baptist, Marietta
- Jan. 31, 6 p.m., Hebron Baptist Church, Dacula
- Feb. 20, 10:30 a.m., Concord Baptist Church, Clermont
- Feb. 21, 10:30 a.m., Northway Church, Macon
- Feb. 21, 6 p.m., Wynnbrook Baptist Church, Columbus
- Feb. 25, 10:30 a.m., Tabernacle Baptist Church, Cartersville
- Feb. 25, 6 p.m., First Baptist Villa Rica
- Feb. 28, 10:30 a.m., Sherwood Baptist Church, Albany
- Feb. 28, 6 p.m., Central Baptist Church, Waycross
Each session, Hammond told The Index, will last approximately an hour-and-a-half. After some time in prayer and a word from Hammond, small groups of participants will discuss various ministry topics at their tables. Then, the groups will present their discussions to the room.
“These responses will be very informative to us as we pray about how we can strengthen churches,” the executive director noted. “It’s a priority for us to hear from our pastors as to what their needs are and the needs of their church.”