Campers arrive at SuperWow last year. The popular destination for youth groups throughout the Southeast has joined others in cancelling scheduled events through June.
DULUTH — All Georgia Baptist student camps taking place through the end of June have been cancelled, leaders announced today. Camp Pinnacle confirmed that events originally scheduled through June would also be cancelled.
Camps affected include:
- Impact, at Toccoa. Week 1 June 1-5 and Week 2 June 8-12
- SuperWow in Toccoa, June 2-5, and Fort Walton Beach, June 22-26
- RA Crusaders and Younger Challengers Camp, June 8-12 at Camp Kaleo
- Summer Overnight Adventure Camp for boys and girls, June 8-12, 15-19, and 22-26 at Camp Kaleo
- SURGE150 Music Camp, June 15-19, in Toccoa
- RA Crusaders, Younger Challengers, Older Challengers Camp, June 15-19 and 22-26 at Camp Kaleo.
Camp Pinnacle announced the following cancellations:
- Mom & Me Sessions for June 12-13 and 25-27
- Younger Girls Week-Long outings for June 1-5, 8-12, and 15-19
- Teen Sessions June 1-5 and 12-13.
A Teen Sessions camp for June 29-July 3 and a Younger Girls’ Week July 6-10 remain scheduled at this time along with the addition of a Mom & Me Session July 10-11 and a Younger Girls’ Week July 27-31, said Georgia Baptist Women Lead Strategist Beth Ann Williams. Participants of June sessions can use payment toward a July session, a 2021 camp session or can choose to receive a full refund. Camp Pinnacle is owned and operated by Baptist Woman’s Missionary Union of Georgia, an auxiliary to the Georgia Baptist Convention.
Mark Marshall, Church Strengthening lead strategist, said churches who had been scheduled for the now-cancelled events will receive a full refund. Super Wow and Impact are also allowing churches to apply 2020 deposits on 2021 camps.
Scott Barkley serves as editor of The Christian Index.